Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Thursday, December 27, 2012

Putting it All on the Line

I admire people who are willing to put it all out there, leaving nothing behind. Not in just a martial arts sense either. To me, the willingness to put it all out there is the one of the characteristics of true art.

That's what I like about mixed martial arts, knock down karate, sports, ... any form of competition.

Have you ever heard of the Dog Brothers? Their motto is "Higher Conciousness Through Harder Contact." Here is a video of one of their Gatherings.






5 comments:

Felicia said...

Intense! I ike it, too :-)

The Strongest Karate said...

This video is now saved to my smart phone so that any time I am unable to avoid an argument with an over-zealous mma fan or athlete about how MMA is *not exactly* the gold standard they think it is I will simply present this and then walk away.

Rick Matz said...

We train in martial arts for many different reasons hut the ultimate litmus text would seem to me if you can actually apply your training in real life.

You can't go around getting on fights and yes, any sport makes compromises and restricts you with rules; but application is clarifying.

Paul said...

At least they are truful and get their name right: dog (brothers) fights....

Rick Matz said...

Wild stuff. I saw one video where a fighter was using triple sticks!